Our fundamental belief is that spending time outside brings balance, clarity, and purpose to life. Now more than ever, we want to inspire you to (safely) get outside no matter the weather.
Introducing the first annual #BeOutThere Photo Contest. Built on the idea of inspiring community creativity by sharing your best weather-related photos from three themes: Rain, Cold, and Fog. Check out the details below on how to enter for a chance to win a new coat and more.
If you don't already have an image ready to be submitted, use this as an excuse to get out there and enjoy some time in the elements. The fresh air will do you good, trust us! (Just keep your time outside COVID-friendly, please!)
Enter your own photos that best represent the following 3 themes for a chance to win some awesome prizes including jackets, gift cards, and more.
1) Best Rain Photo: Win a Brockton or Woodlands rain shell.
2) Best Cold Photo: Win a Manning or Northlands insulated parka.
3) Best Fog Photo: Win a Station puffer coat.
4) Best Overall Photo: Win $1000 of Baro gear! Get yourself kitted out!
HOW TO ENTER
1) Post a photo on your Instagram feed and/or story (bonus points for both) that features a weather related photo in one or more of the categories above.
2) Tag @barodrywear and #BeOutThere in the caption (must be a newly posted photo and not edited caption of an old photo)
3) Must be following @barodrywear to be entered
Good luck and have fun!
Start Date: Contest starts Nov. 1, 2020 (9am PST)
We've handpicked 6 judges who are not only amazing photographers, but also are a true product of their environment and view the weather as an asset to crafting images and telling stories.
- Jeff Hamada, Editor-in-chief BOOOOOOOM.com
- Jeremy Koreski, Photographer
- Mark McKinnis, Photographer
- Mirae Campbell, Photographer
- Caley Vanular, Outdoor content creator
- Ben Gulliver, Director of Photography
#BeOutThere Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with, Instagram.
- Information on all elements of the #BeOutThere Photo Contest (‘Promotion’) from Submission, Entry, Finalist, Prizes and any representation of finalist names and images form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into the Promotion will signify acceptance of all terms and conditions.
- Contest commences at 9:00am November 1, 2020 (Pacific Standard Time) and ends at 11:59pm on November 30, 2020 (Pacific Standard Time) (“Promotional Period”).
- Contest is valid in North America only.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law Baro Apparel Inc. (‘Promoter’) and Associated parties (including employees, agents, judges, and affiliates) exclude all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s, the Sponsors control); (b) any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by the winner or entrant; or (f) use of the prize.
- Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter
- Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
- By participating and entering a Photograph, the participant confirms:
- That he / she is the sole owner and copyright owner of the photograph
- That he / she has permission from anyone pictured within the content
- That he / she gives the Promoter permission to use their name and/or photograph for promotion, marketing or other purposes to promote their involvement with the 2020 #BeOutThere Photo Contest during the promotional periods, across all digital media. Any usage beyond this context will only proceed with further correspondence and formal written permission granted by the Photographer.
- There is no limit to the number of photographs a participant can enter.
- All shortlisted and winning images will be selected based on criteria including, but not limited to; originality, technical skill, composition, subject, creativity, appropriateness for the entered category
- The Promoter and judge’s joint decision is final and no further correspondence; discussion, compensation or debate will be entered into in regards to the outcome of the decision.
- This competition is a game of skill and chance plays no part in the competition.
- The Winners of the respective categories and prizes will be announced on or before December 8, 2020 and contacted via Instagram
- By providing information in connection with this competition, each entrant grants to the Promoter and all affiliates, a world-wide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, non-transferable, absolute and irrevocable license, right and permission to use, re-use, publish, re-publish, publicly display, perform, transmit, exhibit, and reproduce the information including any photograph entered as part of this Promotion, the entrant’s name, address, e-mail address, statements, video, voice, photograph, or other likeness, in whole or in part, individually and/or in conjunction with other material, including without limitation, text, photographs, or images, in any medium (whether now known or hereafter invented) and for any and all purposes, including but not limited to publicity, promotion, packaging, and trade, throughout the world without restriction as to manner, frequency, or duration of usage, but only in connection with this Promotion (which, without limitation, includes the Promoter and all Sponsors’ websites and Social Media (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube) pages used in connection with the Promotion). Each entrant consents to any infringement of their moral rights.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change or amend any of the Terms and Conditions outlined above with adequate and fair notification to all participants involved in the promotion and in no way is held responsible for any consequential actions stemming from these changes.